We provide an entertaining children’s program for ages 3 and older. If you are interested in taking part, please ensure that you sign the permission section on the lower portion of the conference registration form
If you wish your child(ren) to participate in the planned recreational activities, please be aware of the following information:
- Children will be in groups according to their ages: 3-5, 6-9 and 10-12 years. Your child will participate in age-appropriate activities such as crafts, games, music, stories, and listening to special guests. In the late afternoon, children will choose from several options of family movies.
- As there is the opportunity for your child to participate in crafts and physical play, please dress them in appropriate comfortable clothing and footwear.
- If weather permits, children may go outside to the secured gazebo area – please ensure your child has appropriate outdoor clothing.
- Each activity room will be supervised by a minimum of five volunteers including a health care professional.
- Following registration and prior to 9:00 a.m. and again before 12:45 p.m. parents/caregivers will be expected to help pack and label morning and afternoon snacks for each child.
- All children must be signed in and out of the childcare rooms.
- Childcare is available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and again from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Parents must remain in the Conference Centre while their children are in the childcare rooms.
Nursing students will be in charge of signing children in/out of care and ensuring that snacks are eaten when and as needed. If medical care is required, parents will be sought to administer to their child.
Remember, children should wear clean indoor shoes and comfortable clothing. It’s best to dress in layers as children get warm playing. Please label all belongings.
You will assist your child in selecting and packing appropriate snacks, and pick up your child to join you for a barbecue buffet lunch.
Due to provincial childcare regulations, we are not able to provide care for those children under the age of 36 months. Please acquire alternate care for infants and toddlers on the day of the conference.